Are you passionate about compliance and risk, do you like to work in a fast growing
fintech company? Then this could be the job for you!
Amsterdam office; 32-40 hours a week.
SimpledCard is a fine tech scale-up company serving 600+ medium sized European
corporate clients with an innovative corporate payment and expense management platform.
Founded 9 years ago in Amsterdam, SimpledCard now consists of a team of 50 ambitious
employees over 4 countries. We have a lot of interesting developments going on and are
looking for a Compliance and Risk Officer to strengthen the team and support our growth.
Responsibilities of the Compliance and Risk officer
● You ensure we are operating in compliance with EMI based license requirements.
● You are responsible for the definition and implementation of our compliance and risk
policies, control framework and governance, like Customer Due Diligence, Fraud monitoring and Privacy protection (second line of defense).
● You have an up-to-date understanding of relevant rules & regulation. You ensure
regulatory changes are timely implemented within SimpledCard.
● You ensure that our risks are managed adequately. This covers the whole spectrum
from improving policies and procedures, internal trainings, executing controls and reporting to management.
● You manage our relationships regarding risk & compliance with our suppliers, advisors and other external stakeholders.
What do we expect from you:
● Completed university education.
● At least 2 years working experience most preferable in a similar role in a Compliance & Risk department at a financial institution.
● It’s a pre if you have some experience in 2 nd line defense.
● A solid knowledge of relevant regulations like AML4/5, PSD2 and GDPR.
● Proficiency in Dutch and English, both spoken and in writing.
● You are an ambitious self-starter who likes to take initiative and solves issue proactively.
What do we have to offer:
● Interesting and competitive remuneration.
● A diverse role in which you can learn a lot about FinTech, the payments industry.
● Making your mark within a fast growing Fine tech scale-up.
● Inspiring office in the center of Amsterdam (close to Amsterdam Central station).
● A daily extensive lunch.
● Companywide Friday afternoon drinks.
Are you up for the challenge? We would like to hear from you and perhaps welcome you as
our newest team member!